StumbleUpon Button

Thursday, March 7, 2013

WHAT DID I JUST DO?!

Can I tell you about the scariest moment in my life?  This is coming from the girl who has brought you the need of ER frequent flier miles, who moved across the country alone, and who has lived in the woods with bears, cougars, who-knows-whats, and NO ELECTRICITY for the last 20 summers... The scariest moment of my life was looking at an empty "My Pictures" file on my computer.  The phrase "This folder contains no files" will be permanently imprinted upon my brain.  My chest got tight and my eyes filled to the brim.  I accidentally texted my boss that I was freaking out about it.  That was supposed to go to Mainah, but in my panic moment, I sent it to the woman who has left her child alone with me... cute.  She, however, is apparently a problem-solver, because while I was apologizing that I sent that to the wrong person, she was suggesting that there had to be a way to recover the files.  It turns out, she's right.  It was a little tricky figuring out how to do it, so I made a step-by-step tutorial video.  Pin it or bookmark it, do whatever it takes to have it somewhere easy to find when you have that moment of "WHAT DID I JUST DO?!" and you need to get those files back.  My pictures are back in the folder (though I did lose some of the folder reorganization I had been working on this afternoon).

Anyway, here is the step-by-step tutorial video:



P.S.  By the time Mainah did respond, I had finished filming the tutorial and was in upload mode... His response: "It's okay babe.  Are they in your recycle bin?"  I love a man that can keep a cool head, but OBVIOUSLY THEY ARE NOT IN THE RECYCLE BIN OR I WOULDN'T HAVE TEXTED YOU IN A FRENZY!  I thank God daily for that fella.

No comments:

Post a Comment